HSQE Regional Business Manager – Birmingham area
We are looking for an ambitious HSQE Regional Business Manager to join our team, with responsibility for our client sites in and around Birmingham.
You will be responsible for:
- Driving awareness of working safely across all levels of the business.
- Auditing & reviewing working practices at sites with our operational teams to ensure that they are safe and comply with legislation.
- Leading in-house training with managers and employees about health and safety roles and responsibilities, issues and risks.
- Reporting on incident and accident investigations/findings, including implementing necessary changes to working practices.
- Undertaking management reviews to ensure compliance with management systems and policies on H&S, quality and environment, and to ensure compliance with legislative requirements.
- Reporting to HQ H&S Compliance.
- Investigating and reporting on any breaches and non-compliance of HSQE legislation, procedures, policy or guidelines.
- Communicate & implement changes to HSQE procedures, policies, working practice & legislation within your region
- Delivering on our company quality, health and safety strategies and policies.
- Reviewing and proposing continuous improvements to working practices, sharing feedback and any recommendation with GSA’s Head of Compliance.
- Contributing to the ongoing management of ISO 45001, 9001 & 14001 – providing and ensuring evidence of documentation is available for compliance with ISO.
- Participating in Quarterly H&S Safety Meetings.
You will have the following expertise and attributes:
- Significant experience in Health and Safety Management.
- Excellent business understanding working within a fast paced, high turnover low margin organisation
- Able to regularly travel throughout the region to meet staff and management at sites as needed.
- Maintain effective and professional relationships with team members, customers and clients.
- Previous Management experience is essential – preferably within the cleaning industry.
- NEBOSH General Certificate/ NEBOSH Diploma
- Previous Health & Safety experience required.
Interested in applying?
Please send your CV and a short covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(You can also contact our H&S team on this email address if you have any questions about the role before submitting your application).